Monday, April 26, 2010

Lonely Soccer Mom

Jibrael started soccer! It’s actually been a few weeks but I’ve been lazy on the blogging :/ BUT, he’s really damn good for it to be his first time playing. I mean sure he’s gonna need to pay more attention to who’s on his team, but he’s totally got the jest of it all down :) This week he actually scored a goal, for the wrong team but nevertheless he kicked the hell outta that ball!

Spring 2010 017

Spring 2010 015

I ran around for nearly a week getting everything I thought we’d need to be successful soccer parents. Jays got all his Adidas gear and looks so cute in it! Of course I don’t have a picture of that, Daddy was in charge of the camera on game day. Qee got a new quad chair to style the sideline. But all she really wants to do is kick the ball :)

Spring 2010 020

Spring 2010 016 

The thing that surprises me the most is how difficult it’s been to meet any soccer moms. I’m amazed at how closed off the group is. I thought for sure I’d meet some interesting moms to chat with on the sidelines. But the ones that speak English (I’m being serious) are rather snobbish. I did find one mom to chat with during the clinic, but I don’t see her at the games.

Any way I find myself thinking I wouldn’t want to deal with snobby bitches anyway, right?! I’m determined to keep these kids active, mostly for my sanity. So eventually I expect to meet an awesome mom with kids the same age and some other kinds of similarities. Or maybe I’m destined to cheer on the sideline with with me and the hubs…

No comments:

Post a Comment

How we came to be...

Followers