Sunday, February 6, 2011

You know how much I love you?!

My mini is cute, arguably the cutest 3yo in the world. And far too much like yours truly.

She’s mean.

Already she could bring a grown woman, also yours truly, damn near to tears. With all the time that we’ve spent one on one in the last year you’d think she’d be more attached to me. Even though she comes to my side of the bed every night to cuddle and calls for “Mommy” whenever she’s upset I know her bond with her father is stronger.

Am I jealous? HELL yeah! Did I mention that I’m the one that gets called first to “come wipe my butt”?! This whole SAHM thing really means you’re a slave to a toddler. And the pay is just a joke!

Her new thing though… it melts hearts. Every time she says it I feel sucker punched in my Mommy soft spot… “you know how much I love you Mommy?” As if she could quantify this feeling that her 3yo mind doesn’t even fully understand. How could she? I’m almost 27 and I DON’T know how much I love her. I’m sure it’s along the lines of

if anyone ever misplaced a hair on her head they’re as good as dead or should pray they were…

but that’s not really an answer she’s likely to understand. So when she ask me this question I’m amazed. IMG00091-20110125-1944I mean I LOVE her, I loved the very thought of her before she was even conceived, but I don’t know how much she loves me.

 

I think of my mom, my backbone really. What would I be without her? I’m not overly thoughtful, or even nostalgic but I wonder if she knows how much I love her.  Even the people that aren’t nearly as important to my life have contributed so much, and for that I truly love them. I don’t really think it’s something that could be quantified. I’m no scientist or genius just a mom who has started to wonder if the people in my life know how much I love them. And that question I pose to everyone reading this. Because you took the time to, I love you. I hope you know how much.

1 comment:

How we came to be...

Followers