Monday, March 1, 2010

Parenthood's not ALL bad

After yesterdays release I fear this blog is becoming my complaint zone. And since I'd rather not have a bitch corner, today I'll just recall the wonderful moments of our Monday.

Jibrael wasn't late for school! That is a great way to start the week, especially when it's the last week before spring break. Oh, and did I mention we live across the street from the school?!

Aqeelah didn't poop on herself! In fact she went IN the toilet today! In an effort not to jinx this progress I will say no more ;)

Jibrael made me proud of him for his determination to do the right thing, even if it's not what I would do. He has had several bullying incidents and today stated that someone hit him in the eye today while saying mean things about him. Having gone through this for the last few months I decided this would be the last incident and told him to hit back. His reply, "I don't want to hit back Mommy, Mrs. Gordon said it's not nice." And he's right, tomorrow I will be talking to Mrs. Gordon and fighting this battle for him.

And lastly, Jibrael did a GREAT job with homework tonight. Both math and reading are really coming together for him. :)

Today those few moments made me feel special and reminded me why I LOVE my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How we came to be...

Followers