Sunday, February 28, 2010

Moms don't get holidays!!

Today's my birthday, and I'm working! Yep, that's right, 365 rain, sleet, snow, hail or high water. I'm here doing the dirty work, on hand and knee scrubbing in between creating delicious delights in the kitchen. Am I doing it willingly? No, not today.

Today is my day! My holiday from being Mommie, or in Aqeelahs case "Daddy". I didn't expect to have an outlandish surprise party, or even get a new diamond. I knew it wasn't feasible to go home and celebrate with my mom and sisters. Although, none of those things would have been frowned upon ;-) All I wanted for my birthday was a new puppy, and a day of rest. And, I didn't really ask for a full day. Since it's Sunday and we like to have brunch on Sundays. I cooked and even did some cleaning and then the whammy....

My sweet husbands gotta run out, no problem. He didn't want to take EITHER of the kids. Kinda peeved, but I can still have a peaceful day if I just let them watch TV. THEN my cousin (mentioned in previous post) turns two into three with an impromptu stay over. At this point I could throw a big fit, or I could make the most of it and bribe the three of them with movies and snacks. Except, they are arguing. AND Aqeelah peed her pants.

This isn't my ideal birthday, but I'm the MOM and I can handle a little pee. Until a little pee turns into Aqeelah pooping on the bathroom floor. NOW I'M PISSED!

I call Muhammad to tell him to come home, he's wondering whats wrong with me so I deliver the short version... "Your daughter just $#!t on the floor". I'm sure you're reading this and thinking what could Muhammad do about the situation? I felt the same way, and quickly called him back up to let him know I would deal with it myself. Muhammad stayed gone, but was kind enough to make a stop at Baskin Robbins and bring home a quart of my favorite Rainbow Sherbet! Unfortunately, before Muhammad would arrive back home Aqeelah pooped AGAIN, but this time on the living room floor.

I cleaned all the poop up, and am still washing clothes :/ The truly sad thing is I can't call this my worst birthday :(. There's nothing I can do now, except tell all the well wishers that I'm blessed to see another year, and NO, my birthday wasn't a wonderfully fun day. In fact it was business as usual.

Even though today was supposed to be MY DAY it was just another day. I'm a MOM, debate-ably the best job on Earth. And as such I am not entitled to the aforementioned "day, or half day off"! These children are my fault, so I will get over my moment of selfishness and remember that poop happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How we came to be...

Followers