Saturday, June 19, 2010

I read a tweet that said,

“My neighbor is a stay at home wife, that must be a miserable existence #workingwoman”

it really pissed me off. I can’t figure out why, maybe because I know what hard work it is to be at home and maintain a positive attitude. I also remember how difficult it was to work 50+ hours a weeks and maintain a healthy, happy home. Kudos to the woman who can successfully do both, but from my experience there’s always something that is lacking.

The negative comments about stay at home moms/ wives never cease to amaze me. As if this job is less important because there is not financial incentive. I can name several jobs that have little or not financial gain that are EXTREMELY important… teachers, missionaries, monks/ nuns…

My contribution to society as a shaper of the future is far greater compensation than a salary. I’m not only here to mold and guide my own children, I’m a role model and open arms for any child I meet. In the game of life some women are players & others are coaches, but both are necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How we came to be...

Followers