Saturday, January 16, 2010

In the running for best mom of the year! ( ok week :p)

After the week we've had I totally took the award for best mom of the week! And the BrownSuga Babies have each taken the gold for the weeks best son and daughter. I won't lie, it's been rough. Jibrael is still working my nerves with the whinnying, but I think I'm mastering the ignore option. Or at least ensuring when he actually NEEDS me and when he needs a nap :) He has had his share of really needing me this week, and I came to the rescue!

He had a bully situation at school, and as much as the thought of little kids teasing my one and only SONshine pissed me off I didn't handle it by going to the school and spanking the kids! After one of the little girls threw a toy at my sons head and called him a girl I called the teacher. Jibrael had been telling us stories of teasing and we honestly wanted him to work it out on his own. AND when enough was enough Mommy to the rescue!

Jibrael also did some shoe tying and time telling on his own! I'm so proud of him, he has really set his mind to doing well.

Aqeelah went pee pee in the potty! Not just once, shes been going all week. And as icing on the cake she wore the same pull up all the way to grandma's house in Ohio and then back home! She's amazing just like her Mommie!!! I am so blessed to have them, it makes being the best mommie I can be so much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How we came to be...

Followers