Sunday, January 17, 2010

This is just how we do it :)

Last night my little cousin spent the night. He only lives around the corner, but honestly we hardly see him. When I was working it just wasn't possible, we were always trying to just make the most of the free time we had to spend with OUR children. So my aunt and uncle went to the playoff game and he came over. We had a great time, I made spaghetti and salad and garlic bread and we sat down @ the table and served and ate. After dinner the kids played I cleaned the kitchen, it really wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Ok, well actually the kids were up until like midnight and that's NOT normal. But it was fun. This morning we had our bi-monthly Sunday brunch. It's always a TON of food :) It's also a ton of fun, fills us up and makes us quite drowsy.

Just after sitting down to chow down my cousin said, "it so quiet in here, my house is crazy and we hardly every sit down at a table and eat together." My cousin is the only child of two VERY busy people. But at that moment it made me feel like I was making the EXACT difference in my kids childhood that I set out to make. They may not have all the toys, and electronics, and vacations that I would be able to give them if I had continued with my career. They may not have their own bedrooms, or a huge house and backyard. But, I AM giving them the attention they need at the dinner table. Over a nutritious meal and with their parents who love and adore them. I am fortunate enough to be giving them something that will far outlast all of the material things that money can buy.

I felt so appreciated when my husband replied to my cousin, "we eat together everyday." I know that we are both on the same page for giving the brownsuga babies everything they need to make them successful in life. I added to my husbands response, "that's just how we do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

How we came to be...

Followers