Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wow, that was quick!

I've already been a SAHM for a month now! Wooohoooo! I have to say I feel pretty good about the progress I've made with Qee too! Yeah she's only gone poop in the potty once or twice, she still calls me "Daddy", and she has complete diva moments, but... well I guess I haven't made much progress with her! We DID have a moment in the Super Target the other day where it appeared she was actually listening to me :) I pray for more breakthroughs with her, especially since we spend so much time together. I also pray she starts sleeping in her own bed again. For some reason shes ended every night these last two weeks in our bed. And Qee is not a great bed mate, in fact shes quite pushy.

I was much more successful to establishing a schedule for the family. I have explored several breakfasts with the kiddos including chocolate and banana pancakes, a recipe I haven't actually perfected yet ;) This month we also CONSISTENTLY had dinner served by 6:40!!! Yay me! The children were in bed by 8:30 EVERY weeknight!!! And my laundry pile is still a mile high!!! LOL, I suppose I should work on organization this next month. I would LOVE to throw away all the laundry and start from scratch. Never mind how unrealistic that is, especially on one income. I just feel like if it were already folded or on a hanger it would make its way to it's home easier. That is until the children need to find something... or heaven forbid wear something. Perhaps during my tenure as a SAHM I can invent some USEFUL machine that washes, folds, AND puts away laundry!!!

Speaking of machines, Jibrael continues to create these elaborate paper "machines" that all specialize in about a hundred things. He puts them everywhere, on the refrigerator, dinning room and living room tables, my bathroom, his bathroom, every bed in the house. I'm not sure what to do with these inventions, I feel bad for throwing them away and it only seems to encourage him to build more. What am I going to do with him? Trying to enable him to use his imagination AND save trees for my grandchildren just doesn't seem possible! He's also planning this extravagant costume party for his classmates. Even the bully girl got invited, which does not make Mommie happy! These party plans sound so expensive and I keep trying to remind him that we only have one person in this house with a job and we should go over everything with Daddy. I suppose that statement would be more helpful if Daddy agreed with it :/

Muhammad has been very busy with work. His adventures in social media networking have put him on the Googles top page. And I'm very proud of him! He went to Canada this month and over all seems very pleased with the new life we have here. The funny thing is five years ago when we were buying a house I never would have thought I'd be able to get him to leave Ohio, now I just know we are getting closer to the BIG move out of the Midwest.... one day!

As for me, I've had my ups and downs this month. It's really hard trying to become a nicer, more patient person. I have made strides with being more patient with the children, not working has helped a lot with that. But EVERYONE ELSE really pisses me off still! It's a good thing I have another 11 months to improve LOL. But if this year goes by as quickly as the last month, I'm gonna have to try harder to get everything done.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the detailed update! Tell JB to send some machines to his g-ma and aunties to help us pack, move, and unpack...oh yeah, and 1 to keep auntie TiNk's room clean ;) Mayabe Qee-Qee calls you daddy because your bossy like a man?!? ROFL!!! JK. Glad HaMMy likes his job. BTW, once you get those pancakes down to a science, make sure to send it my way. I'm sure the kids will all LOVE it...one day :/

    Miss you a ton! tHuMp and I send our love *mUaH*

    ReplyDelete

How we came to be...

Followers