Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just me and Qee...

Tomorrow will be the close of my very first week as a SAHM. Well, technically that's not accurate, since I was at home the last two weeks of my retail career, but who's counting! I promised myself, my husband, and Qee that I would potty train her. Three weeks into the task and we really aren't any closer to being diaperless than day one. Thinking back I didn't do that great of a job potty training Jay either. He didn't REALLY grasp the concept for at least a year, and with my new found budgeting efforts and determination I will not have that same issue with Qee.

Obvious to anyone who Qee speaks to is her love for her Daddy. EVERYONE is "Daddy" and having a c-section and 10 months of breast feeding doesn't make me exempt from that. I was expecting that I would become plan ole "Mommy" since we are spending so much one on one time. So far that hypothesis is yet to be proven. I try to correct her, and it seems to catch for about thirty seconds. Then its more of the usual and "Daddy" this or "Daddy juice". I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't jealous!

Nevertheless, our first week together with the men at work and school has been interesting. We've both had meltdowns and mood swings. I am finding out that she is more than my mirror in appearance, she owns my attitude also. I have found out what my mother meant when she said "you'll see when you have a daughter." Those words are somewhat of a curse. As if to say that all the women of my bloodline will be emotionally unstable and prone to violent sprees. I will not let my daughter repeat my mistakes! Some how my guidance will prevent that I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How we came to be...

Followers